The Legal 500 directory described Caroline as ‘one of the country’s leading mediators. She adopts a very calm and neutral approach to disputes’ and is noted for her ability to be ‘sympathetic to the issues on both sides’, inspiring confidence that ‘she will explore all relevant avenues to reach agreement’.
Caroline is a solicitor who works exclusively in mediation, working online and in London Bridge and Streatham. She specialises in all aspects of family law, concentrating especially on financial matters and children issues.
The fees for mediation with Caroline are based on the meeting times, so that a clear estimate of how much mediation is likely to cost is known at the outset. She therefore offers competitive rates and costs are not run up between meetings.
Caroline also drafts outcome documents that are capable of becoming court orders, which is the only other chargeable work, agreed in advance. This is especially useful in financial cases, where couples wish to achieve a legal clarity and finality. She has been a pioneer in this since she set up a working group between the Law Society and Resolution to draft the structure and practice guidance for this model.
The approach Caroline takes is known as robust and practical but also warm and friendly. She works hard to provide a forum that her clients can trust as the best place to work out their issues. She helps participants achieve very high settlement rates.
Caroline is also an accredited civil and commercial mediator. She sees how the facilitation skills acquired from her years of experience in family mediation proves invaluable in the search for solutions in the commercial and civil context. She can therefore offer a fusion of civil and family ways of mediation, adapted on a case by case basis, which includes having solicitors directly involved in the mediation where needed.
- Law Society and Family Mediation Council (FMC) Accredited Mediator
- Director of the FMC (the umbrella body for all mediators)
- Member of the Law Society’s Family Law Committee
- Member of the multi-disciplinary Family Solutions Group
- Resolution accredited specialist in finance and children disputes
- Contributor to the Law Society Mediation Handbook and Family Law Protocol
- Former member of The Children Panel
- Accredited for Child Inclusive Mediation
- Certificate in Counselling, Birkbeck University
- Trained Collaborative Lawyer
Caroline regularly contributes to New Law Journal and Family Law (Journal).