People Insights
Contact Us
Get in touch
Contact Us

Leasehold Services For Flat Owners

What you might not know is that the value of your flat will decrease as the term of the lease runs down, especially if it has less than 90 years remaining. Our team are experts in procuring Lease Extensions, having acted on thousands of voluntary and statutory lease extensions. We will take the burden off your shoulders and manage the entire process – from providing clear initial budgetary guidance and meeting the processes and strict deadlines, to completion.

Collective Enfranchisement is where leaseholders club together to buy the freehold of their building and this is another service offering in which we excel. We are happy to assess your building’s eligibility for the process and to provide you with a view on whether this process is right for your circumstance before you commit to instructing us.

If the whereabouts of your freeholder cannot be traced it may be necessary to apply to Court to acquire the freehold interest or to extend your lease. We regularly assist flat owners with such applications.

Sometimes leaseholders just want control of their building. The Right To Manage is a statutory right, given to qualifying leasehold property owners of flats in a qualifying building that enables them to take over the managerial functions from their landlord. The process has several technical pitfalls that warrant the instruction of specialist lawyers. We have run hundreds of RTM claims.

If your freehold holding company was struck off the register at Companies House more than over 6 years ago then administration restoration may no longer be possible. In such circumstances the freehold interest of your building will be what is termed “Bona Vacantia” and enquiries would have to be made with the Treasury Solicitor’s Department to acquire interest. The Treasury Solicitor should be able to sell the interest back to the leaseholders. We regularly act for leaseholders in such circumstances and assist them in purchasing the interest from The Crown or require the freehold interest via court proceedings.

If you believe that your landlord may have sold without complying with the Right of First Refusal legislation, then please do contact us for advice on whether the new owner can be forced to sell the interest back to you and your neighbours.

For freeholders and leaseholders alike, it may be prudent or necessary to make an application to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) for a judge to decide on a vital issue concerning the building. We are experts in First Tier Tribunal litigation.

Contact Us

How can we help?

Request a Call Back

How can we help?