Success for London tenants in June
This month the housing team have been busy helping tenants in the London area.
- We obtained £8000 compensation from a London council on behalf of a deceased’s Estate for a personal injury claim connected to housing disrepair.
- A housing waiting list applicant was given extra priority after we intervened on their behalf. Instead of a two bedroom property the applicant was allowed to bid for three bedroom adapted properties and her priority was increased
- We obtained £4000 compensation and repair works agreed for a council tenant
- After threatening a private prosecution for various repair problems including defective drainage causing a foul smell, a council agreed to pay £1000 compensation plus repair works.
- We obtained £9,000 compensation for a housing association tenant as well as repair works.
- We acted for a council tenant who was permanently transferred and awarded £5,000 due to poor conditions at her house.
- For two other council tenants, we obtained £9,500 and £7000 respectively for leaks into flat and problems with heating.
- We successfully defended a claim by a private landlord for possession on the basis that the information regarding the deposit was not in the correct form.
- We obtained £4,250 compensation and repair works where a tenant had suffered severe condensation for more than two years.
- A tenant moved into a flat which was a serious risk to health. We called in an independent environmental health officer, and the landlord agreed to do repair works and pay compensation of £2,500.00