People Insights
Contact Us
Get in touch
Contact Us
Published On: June 5, 2013 | Blog | 0 comments

Can you get Legal Aid for your housing problems?

This April, the Government made some cuts in Legal Aid.

For housing, you can still get Legal Aid for assistance with various problems, including:-

1. Defending possession proceedings if your landlord is trying to evict you from your home, for example, where you owe them rent.

2. For assistance where you are homeless.

3. For housing disrepair cases where there is a serious risk of harm to your health and safety.

4. If you have been unlawfully evicted from your home.

In housing disrepair cases, you can only get Legal Aid to try and get your landlord to carry out works were you or your family are at risk. You cannot get Legal Aid to assist in claiming compensation and legal aid will stop when urgent works have been carried out. However, Anthony Gold offer alternative funding arrangements where Legal Aid is not available, including ‘no win no fee’ agreements.

*Disclaimer: The information on the Anthony Gold website is for general information only and reflects the position at the date of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be treated as such. It is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied.*

Get in touch

Call, email or use a contact form – whichever suits you. We’ll let you know the best person to help you get started.

Call or Email

020 7940 4060

About the author

Contact Us

How can we help?

Request a Call Back

How can we help?