Hot Tips for Collaborative Lawyers
– Concentrate on your website. FAQs (frequently asked questions) are very popular with potential clients.
– Update your marketing material – are your leaflets giving the right message? Obtain feedback from an independent source such as your next door neighbour.
– Likewise with practice group leaflets and website material.
– Send a “round robin” letter to local solicitors who do not offer collaborative law / family expertise. Offer to do a lunchtime seminar.
– Do the same with doctors, therapists and human resources managers.
– Visit the marketing resources section of the IACP website during a practice group meeting. Create a “to do” plan using the wealth of material there.
– Buy the IACP webinars and view as a practice group.
– Polish up your intake procedures.
– Look at the available educational material in order to assist your clients with the “conversion” process.
– As a practice group view Collaborative Divorce: A Safe Place. You can view this online from the IACP website for free. DVDs of this true life collaborative are also available from IACP for $20.
Kim Beatson is a Partner and head of Anthony Gold’s Family & Divorce Law team. She is also a Board member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. For further information email Kim or call 020 7940 4060 for advice on any aspect of family law.