« Back to our people
Kim Beatson is a partner at Anthony Gold. She specialises in the Family & Relationships department, based in our South London office at London Bridge.
Kim developed and now leads the respected Family & Dispute Resolution team at Anthony Gold. She specialises in all aspects of family law with an emphasis on finance, for both married and unmarried couples. Known to be extremely business-like and efficient in her approach, she takes pride in providing a cost effective and valuable service to her clients.
She was one of the first solicitors in the country to qualify as a family mediator and now has a substantial mediation practice with many referrals from other family lawyers.
Kim is also an Alternative Dispute Resolution Group Accredited civil and commercial mediator and is particularly enthusiastic about the benefits of mediation for resolving cohabitation and contentious probate disputes.
- A former football referee as well as specialist lawyer known to be firm and fair, good humoured and sensitive to clients.
- Achieved settlements where disputes have been complex and intensely bitter, using a range of mediation skills.
- Chambers and Legal 500 rated:-
- ‘Vastly experienced not only as a practitioner but also as a mediator’ – Legal 500 2019
- Beatson is ‘really able to work with the couple to get a good outcome. She is also particularly good if the case or the personalities are difficult! She has a no-nonsense approach and is one of the most efficient people I have ever come across’ – Legal 500 2019
- ‘She is frequently referred complex and high-conflict financial and children work by other solicitors where court proceedings are already pending. She also offers MIAMs and is qualified to consult with children’ – Legal 500 2019
- One interviewee “has nothing but praise for her,” stating: “She is a calming influence and doesn’t pour fuel on the flames ” – Chambers and Partners 2019
- “She is highly respected for her mediation skills and impressive client list”.
- “A superstar” …. “provides high quality advice based on her extensive experience”.
- “A major match for any Magic Circle lawyer.”
- “An experienced, efficient and skilled mediator who gains the trust and respect of her clients.”
Described as “realistic, which is what a lot of clients need. She breaks it down clearly for them. She likes to be conciliatory, although she’s not scared to go to court when she needs to.”
- Resolution – former Chair
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals – former director
- Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Law Society Advanced Family Panel
- Law Society Advanced Mediation Panel
- Resolution accredited specialist in high finance and cohabitation disputes
- Contributor to the Law Society Mediation Handbook
- Regular commentator on issues around Family Law
Kim Beatson - Chambers and Partners 2019
Kim Beatson - Legal 500 2019
Leading Firm - Chambers and Partners 2019
Anthony Gold - Chambers and Partners 2019
Leading Firm - Legal 500 2019
Kim Beatson - Chambers and Partners
Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer 2017
Legal 500 Leading Individual 2017
Legal 500 Leading Mediator 2017
Legal 500 Leading Firm 2017