Nazia Rashid’s caseload is equally split between litigation and non-contentious work with a growing mediation practice. Most of Nazia’s work is by recommendation by either old clients, personal contacts or other solicitors and barristers. In 2018, Nazia won the Lexis Nexis Family Law Awards – Associate Solicitor of the Year 2018.
Nazia will regularly represent clients in complex children matters including cases involving serious drug and alcohol addiction, parental alienation and significant allegations of harm including child abduction. Her financial matters will include complex financial remedy cases following divorce proceedings and many cases involve serious issues of non-disclosure or uncooperating opponents. In respect of cases involving allegations of domestic abuse and risks to children, Nazia will take a robust approach and issue emergency applications as required.
Nazia is often contacted by members of the public or other professionals in relation to cases deemed as non-marriage cases for advice. Recently Nazia has been lecturing nationally on the topic of foreign marriages and UK divorce for MBL. Nazia regularly writes and lectures on topics of interest and is a contributor to the practitioner’s guide ‘The International Family Law Practice’ by David Hodson OBE, Family Law.
Nazia is co-chair of Anthony Gold’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and sits on Resolution’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Will ensure your children’s best interests are always kept at the forefront
- Will be thorough and firm when undertaking a case involving alleged dishonesty and/or threatening or intimidating behaviour on the part of the other
- Understands the need to be sensitive to how members of different cultures and faith may require consideration of particular factors which may impact on how their separation is dealt with
- What Nazia’s clients say:
“Nazia provided a speedy resolution to a protracted and acrimonious dispute and I am very grateful to her and her team for this.
- “Nazia was entirely approachable and accessible recognising the need in listening to my concerns outside the legal arena.”
- “Nazia’s professionalism and skill is endorsed by the outcome that she achieved. Her up to date knowledge and legal insight into addressing issues arising often at the last minute proved invaluable in securing a fantastic outcome.”
- “Throughout my case, I found Nazia’s ability to deal with complex matters of evidence and law to be fantastic and somewhat comforting given the often emotionally draining stress that the litigation was having on me.”
- Resolution Accredited specialist in domestic abuse and financial provision
- Member of Resolution’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion committee
- Honorary Legal Advisor Central Family Court, London
- Member of New Scotland Yard’s Working Group on Honour Based Abuse, Forced Marriage and FGM
- Former Vice-President of Association of Muslim Lawyers
- Contributor to The International Family Law Practice; Family Law.
- Regularly presents seminars and lectures on matters relating to foreign marriages and issues relating to religion and culture within the family law sphere
- A trained mediator and is registered with the Family Mediation Council
Previous presentations include: at The Law Society, in conjunction with Kiran Support Services, and on behalf of Family Law and the Association of Muslim Lawyers.