A partner on the medical claims team, Jock is a dual qualified doctor and solicitor. He qualified as a doctor at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital in London in 1990, practising as a full-time hospital physician for nearly five years.
He qualified as a solicitor and also continued to work as a doctor part-time at St. Bartholomew’s until 2004.
He has a broad clinical negligence practice but, due to his background as a hospital physician, he has a particular interest and expertise in cases involving complex medicine and rare medical conditions, general internal medicine and intensive care. Much of his work focuses on cases involving brain injury (adults and children), neurological, neurosurgical, and spinal injuries. He also has significant experience of cases involving treatment in the private healthcare sector.
- Medical doctor registered with the General Medical Council
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) senior litigator
- Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA) panel member
- Former Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member (re-accreditation pending)
- Regularly asked by national press and media to comment on clinical negligence and health management issues