David Emmerson OBE is a partner at Anthony Gold. He specialises in family law and relationship breakdowns. He is based in our South London offices at London Bridge.
David has particular expertise in helping separating couples resolve complex financial disputes and child arrangement matters. He is experienced at dealing with both pre and post nuptial settlements as well as co-habitation law.
As an accredited mediator, a hybrid accredited mediator and an experienced Collaborative family lawyer, David aims to resolve disputes outside of Court. Almost all of David’s clients have been referred by previous client’s, fellow professionals and judges.
David is chair of Resolution’s Dispute Resolution committee and a part time District Judge accredited to undertake complex financial remedy proceedings and Children Act cases, giving him a unique perspective and knowledge in successfully resolving cases.
In June 2004 David was awarded an OBE for his work in legal services nationally and particularly in London.
David has been recommended as an expert family lawyer and mediator by the Legal 500 and Chambers Directory.
- David has written many articles for Family Law, The Law Society Gazette, New Law Journal, Family Law Week, Resolution’s Revue and the Solicitor’s journal. He has been interviewed on family law matters by the BBC, the Daily Telegraph, Guardian, Observer and Independent.
- David is the author of Butterworth’s Family Law Service domestic abuse; mediation and collaborative practice sections and is a co-author of Resolution’s Family Law Handbook.
- David has been an elected member of Resolution’s National Committee since 2003. Resolution is the national organisation that represents over 6500 family law and dispute resolution professionals. David chairs their Dispute Resolution committee dealing with mediation, collaborative practice and arbitration.
- Member of Thomson Reuters Practical Law Family editorial board.
- David is an Anti – Discrimination/Serious case Panel Chair for the Football Association as part of their strategy of combating all forms of discrimination in football.
- Member of Lexis Nexis’ editorial board.