As a Partner in the Housing and Property Disputes department, Sara specialises in complex, high-value and multi-party claims. She is based in our South London offices at Elephant & Castle.
Sara’s day to day practice involves advising and representing tenants, leaseholders and homeowners on disrepair, defective new build homes, possession claims and homelessness. She also advises both tenants and landlords on commercial property disputes.
A desire to help people and a love for litigation work led Sara to specialise in housing litigation. As a student, she worked for a housing co-operative. This led to Sara developing a passion for legal housing matters and fighting for people whose rights have been ignored or breached. Her formidable talent has been nationally recognised – Chambers and Partners 2019 describes her as “brilliant”.
Sara’s overriding focus is ensuring her clients have a safe home. Sara gives her clients the confidence to believe that their needs are important by ensuring they fully understand their legal rights. She fights tenaciously to achieve positive results, so her clients can enjoy a safe, healthy home.
- Sara is the Cco-chair of the Law Society’s Housing Law Committee.
- Sara was a former Executive Committee member of the Housing Law Practitioners Association and was Covenor of HLPAs Legal Aid Working Group.
- Sara is a keen writer, having had articles published in the RICS Property Journal, Legal Action Group Magazine, Journal of Housing Law and Solicitors Journal.
- Sara has provided training to a wide range of organisations on housing law, including a Certificate in Housing Law course for Central Law Training.
- Sara has also produced podcasts on housing law for CPDCast.
Sara had actively campaigned against cuts to Legal Aid and helped to prepare responses on behalf of the Housing Law Practitioners Association to the Ministry of Justice.
RICS PRoperty Journal and Legal Action Group Magazine