This virtual classroom seminar will provide an overview of licensing of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) and other rented property under the Housing Act 2004. It will also consider any potential issues that may arise.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is an HMO? The different definitions
- What types of HMO require a licence?
- The differences between mandatory licensing and additional and selective licensing schemes
- Difficult issues in selective licensing schemes and conditions
- The interaction of licensing and planning
- Consequences of not holding the correct licence:
- Relationship to section 21 notices
- Criminal prosecutions and civil penalties
- Rent repayment orders
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording – should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Speaker: Robin Stewart