About the Property Disputes Team:
Anthony Gold’s ‘ground-breaking’ team is a recognised leader in Housing and Property Disputes and wins praise for its ‘knowledge, imagination and dedication’. It is well respected by clients and peers.
The Property Disputes team based at our London Bridge office has a niche specialism acting for landlords, tenants and letting agents on residential landlord and tenant disputes and advising on the law relating to private sector tenancies and houses in multiple occupation (HMOs). Alongside this work, the solicitors also act for tenants, leaseholders and homeowners in building defect and property conditions claims against landlords and developers.
About Anthony Gold Solicitors:
We are a multi-specialist firm of solicitors with 3 offices in South London. We have a national reputation in niche areas and are in the top 200 firms in England.
About the role:
The Paralegal role (2-year contract) for the Property Disputes team will be responsible for supporting fee-earners in the property disputes team based in our London Bridge office.
The role would involve supporting solicitors in a varied range of property dispute cases, including acting for private and institutional landlords, letting agents, tenants, leaseholders and homeowners.
Your role will include the following, but additional tasks may be added as appropriate for the role:
To assist in the provision of administrative and legal services for clients, including:
- Working to support solicitors on property disputes litigation cases.
- Interviewing clients, taking and drafting statements
- Casework & providing advice to clients.
- Handling new client enquiries
- To assist where requested the provision of legal advice to clients, under supervision.
- Delegate and supervise tasks where appropriate.
- Work as a part of a team under the supervision of a Senior Associate Solicitor.
- Provide an efficient and friendly service to our clients.
- Produce plain English letters and documents as required.
- Manage professionally and confidentially, written and telephone correspondence with clients, other solicitors and third parties
- Maintain client care standards as set out in the firm’s terms of business and office manual.
- Assist with marketing and business development, including writing blog articles and participating in the team’s other marketing activities when requested
- Continue to develop your legal ability by:
- Keeping fully up-to-date with the relevant areas of law and practice
- Understanding the fee structure and costs aspect of funding
- complying with the rules of conduct and regulation governing our practice
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of working as a paralegal in civil litigation (experience related to property disputes or housing litigation is preferred but not essential)
- Degree in Law/CILEx or previous experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good customer focus
- Flexible and proactive approach with ‘can do’ attitude
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work to deadlines
- Focuses on the detail to a realistic level
- Interested in problem solving and solution focused